Life changes in response to demands and opportunities. To thrive and grow, you need an employer that values the less tangible, but no less critical benefits that make work fulfilling. As a model employer, Guide Dogs for the Blind offers a variety of benefits to help you manage your life and career development.
Benefits available immediately upon hire:
- New Years Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, the Friday following Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- An additional 1-1/2 to 2 paid holidays, usually clustered around other paid holidays.
Employee assistance plan.
Employee referral program.
Credit union membership.
Benefits available after 90 days of employment:
Medical, dental and vision benefits:
- Preferred Provider Organization and Health Reimbursement Accounts options. Family coverage available Employees pay approximately 20% of the premiums
- Dental coverage.
- Vision coverage.
Paid Sick Leave
One floating holiday added to the vacation bank after 90 days of service.
Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care and Dependent Care)
Life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment.
Short Term Disability coverage for non-California staff.
Long Term Disability coverage.
403(b) retirement savings plan:
- For eligible employees, dollar-for-dollar match up to 4% of salary.
- Vesting is 20% after 1 year of service, 50% after 2 years, 80% after 3 years, and 100% after 4 years. (Employees are always fully vested in their own contributions.)
Benefits available after six months of service:
Employee Emergency Fund:
- Interest-free loan to assist employees in managing temporary, unforeseen personal financial emergencies.