Chef / Supervisor
Under the direction of the Chef, the cook prepares daily breakfast, lunch and dinner meals meeting the nutritional needs of our clients and guests.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Under the direction of the Chef, prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner meals, salads, desserts, and breads.
- Maintain an awareness of customer’s dietary restrictions, physician / medical prescribed diets, and modifies their meals consistent with those restrictions.
- Maintain a kitchen cleaning schedule for all equipment, coolers, floors, and wares. Performs cleaning duties.
- Help in meal and menu planning; assist in the ordering and inventory of food and non-food supplies; assists staff and volunteers in the successful completion of meal-related tasks.
- Helps ensure expectations are met and often exceeded through interaction with customers and guests to elicit feedback; incorporates appropriate input.
- As a member of the team, assists staff/volunteers with any job function as needed in order to ensure optimum service to all clients.
- Adheres to our organization's safety policies and procedures and encourages others to do the same. Promptly reports incidents and accidents according to campus procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned and needed.
Education and experience equivalent to:
- Minimum three years’ related cooking experience.
- Graduation from culinary program highly desirable.
- Knowledge of food preparation techniques and styles.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees with good attention to detail.
- Sound judgment with the ability to make timely and prudent decisions.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, multi-tasking and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Availability for occasional travel to the Oregon Campus.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds.
- Full-time non-exempt position.
Apply now! Can't access our online application for employment? Send us your cover letter and resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.