Maintenance Technician I Oregon
The Maintenance Technician I provides general maintenance of buildings and grounds on all Guide Dog owned properties and undertakes other routine support duties as assigned.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform routine repairs of buildings, equipment and other property.
- Assist other departments and outside contractors as directed.
- Order supplies and procure tools and parts when necessary.
- Adhere to our organization's safety policies and procedures and encourages others to do the same. Promptly report incidents and accidents according to campus procedures.
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
POSITION ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficiency using general power tools. Two years' experience as handyman or in construction trades desirable.
- Self-starter, able to follow written and oral instructions without direct supervision.
- Able to lift at least 65 lbs.
- Able to squat, bend and reach for extended periods.
- Able to climb ladders and work on roof tops.
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, including e-mail.
- Ability to interact positively with staff, volunteers, vendors, and public.
- Valid Oregon driver's license and insurability at non risk rates.
- Able to perform basic word processing tasks within three months of employment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Full time, non-exempt, Grade 6 position. Occasional weekend work is expected.
Apply now! Can't access our online application for employment? Send us your cover letter and resume by e-mail to email@example.com. Be sure to type only "Maintenance Technician I, Oregon Campus" in the subject line of your e-mail. All applicants will receive a reply