Senior Maintenance Technician
Senior Maintenance Technician
The Senior Maintenance Technician assists the Facilities team with general and advanced maintenance and repairs of buildings, equipment and grounds of all Guide Dogs owned properties, particularly in the incumbent’s area of specialty, as well as project management, the work order system, coordinating the parts/inventory system, and some limited supervisory duties.
Applicant must have HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) Certification. Universal Recovery Certification is preferred or must be obtained within 6 months of employment. This position also requires solid teamwork and excellent communications skills.
- Coordinates various projects from start to finish, including estimating time and material costs, completing all paperwork necessary for approval and supervising work through completion. Assumes some supervisory duties in absence of Facilities and Projects Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor.
- Coordinates and maintains inventory of commonly used parts and supplies.
- With minimal direction, undertake a variety of high-level HVAC work.
- Assist other departments and monitor work of outside contractors, as directed.
- Perform routine repairs and preventative maintenance on buildings, equipment, and other property.
- Order supplies and procure tools and parts when necessary.
- Maintain excellent verbal and written communication with staff and vendors; interact with the public and volunteers.
- Adheres to our organization's safety policies and procedures and encourages others to do the same. Maintain proficiency in environmental protection procedures. Promptly reports incidents and accidents according to campus procedures.
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
- At least 3-4 years experience in HVAC.
- Some supervisory experience desirable.
- Proficiency using general power tools, meters, and testing devices.
- Physical requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 65 lbs regularly
- Squatting, bending and reaching for extended periods of time
- Climbing ladders and working on rooftops
- Solid teamwork and excellent communication skills as well as ability to understand and instruct technical information.
- Self-starter; good organizational skills; able to follow written and oral instructions in the English language.
- Able to communicate via voice mail and e-mail; able to perform basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database tasks within three (3) months of employment.
- Valid driver’s license and insurability at non-risk rates.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Availability for some on-call duties for 24-hour emergency response.
- Full time, non-exempt position pay dependent on experience. Some weekend and evening work required.
Apply now! Can't access our online application for employment? Send us your cover letter and resume by e-mail to email@example.com. Be sure to type only "Senior Maintenance Technician - California" in the subject line of your e-mail.