Support Center Generalist
Support Center Generalist
Client Services Manager
The Support Center Generalist is responsible for providing a broad range of phone-based support and service to graduates, external and internal constituent groups, including potential applicants and professional organizations. This includes advice, education and advocacy to constituents utilizing available information tools and adhering to call documenting procedures.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide extensive phone and computer based support to constituents in the following areas as required: Admissions, Veterinary Financial Assistance, graduate support, Development.,
- Conduct potential applicant phone consultations. Make decisions on accepting applications to our program based on qualifications relative to admission requirements. Provide referral information as appropriate to unqualified applicants.
- Provide individualized service referral information and support to general inquiry callers and potential applicants.
- Authorize Veterinary Financial Assistance for dogs in need, utilizing established program guidelines.
- Answer routine to complex questions from external constituents about the organization, its functions and programs utilizing the available information tools on the GDB website, Sharepoint, shared access Word and Excel documents, in print or other alternate formats.
- Identify calls requiring other GDB staff assistance, and provide caller details to the responder ensuring an informed transfer, or enable a detailed request for call return.
- Prompt and welcoming answer of phone calls, with rapid determination of the nature of the call. Timely documentation of all calls per center protocol, utilizing the appropriate database tools. Communicate call details or required actions to appropriate GDB staff via email per center protocol.
- Undertake outgoing call campaigns as assigned.
- Undertake clerical, administrative or other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to our organization's safety policies and procedures and encourage others to do the same. Promptly report incidents and accidents according to campus procedures.
POSITION ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- At least two years’ experience in an administrative or phone based support position in an office environment.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, including: crisis management, interviewing, conflict resolution, motivation, empathy, clarity of oral and written communication.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Access or other database applications, internet based mapping and geographic information applications.
- Self-starter with a high level of initiative, follow-through, skilled at multi-tasking, attention to detail, organization and prioritization.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with team members in local and remote locations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to professionally represent the organization on the phone and in person.
- Call center or administrative receptionist experience in a fast-paced environment is highly desirable.
- Bilingual (Spanish) expertise is desirable.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Full-time non-exempt position.