Guide Dogs for the Blind empowers lives through exceptional partnerships between people, dogs and communities.
Guide Dogs for the Blind envisions a world with greater inclusion, opportunity and independence by optimizing the unique capabilities of people and dogs.
Values and Guiding Principles
Guide Dogs for the Blind is one organization, with one set of values, operating in multiple locations. We are aligned around a common vision and mission and hold ourselves and each other responsible for operating by the following guiding principles:
- The needs of our clients drive everything we do, and we strive to exceed our clients’ expectations in all our programs and services.
- We treat everyone - clients, staff, volunteers, donors and other community members - with the same dignity, respect and understanding that we ourselves would expect.
- We value the well-being of our dogs by maximizing the use of positive reinforcement and providing them with exceptional care.
- We ensure that quality is an expected outcome in everything we do.
- We strive for and foster creativity, innovation and improvement within ourselves and others.
- We communicate openly, fairly, honestly, effectively and in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves accountable - as individuals and as an organization for doing what we set out to do.
- We are committed to being responsible stewards of our resources.