Guide Dogs for the Blind empowers lives by creating exceptional partnerships between people, dogs, and communities.
Guide Dogs for the Blind envisions a world with greater inclusion, opportunity and independence by optimizing the unique capabilities of people and dogs.
Values and Behaviors
Guide Dogs for the Blind is one organization, with one set of values, operating in multiple locations. We are aligned around a common vision and mission and hold ourselves and each other responsible for operating by the following values and behaviors:
- Ensure that every action or decision is aligned with GDB’s commitment to the mission
- Provide superior service across all aspects of the organization
- Demonstrate accountability, transparency (except when confidentiality applies), and honesty with all actions and decisions
- Act with and assume positive intent
Kindness and Respect
- Treat every being with dignity and sensitivity
- Balance professionalism with humor
Teamwork and Collaboration
- Encourage open communication
- Practice proactive, thoughtful and inclusive interactions
- Promote personal development and self-reliance
- Support learning and innovation through risk-taking