Guide Dogs for the Blind's Legacy Society honors the generosity and vision of those who have chosen to include GDB in their estate plans. To become a member, or for more information, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Joan Scott at 800-295-4050.
How do I join the Legacy Society?
Enrolling is simple. The only qualification for membership is to advise Guide Dogs for the Blind that a gift has been made in your estate plan. The type of the gift need not be disclosed nor is it even necessary to specify the amount of the gift. Legacy gifts can take many forms:
- Bequests in wills or trusts
- Life income gifts, such as Charitable Remainder Trusts or Charitable Gift Annuities
- Retirement plan or IRA beneficiary designations
- Gifts of life insurance
What if I don't want people to know about my estate plans?
You may still be a Legacy Society member. We are happy to honor your wish to be anonymous and all information about your gift will remain confidential.
What are the benefits of becoming a Legacy Society member?
- Invitations to an annual recognition luncheon and other regional events
- A certificate of enrollment
- A membership lapel pin
- A subscription to Legacy News, a newsletter filled with information about Legacy events and helpful estate planning tips