Choosing to live the guide dog lifestyle is a big decision, so finding the right partner to help you along the way is critical. We are committed to the success of our students before, during, and long after the time they spend with us in class:
- All services are provided at no cost to students — this includes your guide, transportation to and from our campuses in CA and Oregon, instruction, and more.
- Our classes are two weeks long, minimizing disruption to your personal and professional commitments.
- We provide highly customized instruction; classes generally have 6-8 students and the ratio of students to instructors is 2:1.
- Students enjoy private rooms with wireless access and our beautiful student residences have libraries, music, computer, and exercise rooms.
- GDB provides graduates with a lifetime of support. GDB graduates become part of a world-class alumni association and also receive the following benefits: financial assistance for vet care, as needed; in-person follow up visits; access to a dedicated support center —and even a successor dog, when the time comes for a guide to retire.
What are graduates saying?
97% of graduates surveyed in 2013 reported they were satisfied with our overall program and 96% would recommend our program to others. Hear more from our graduates:
- Jane Neglia: My Week 1 Experience of the Two Week Training Program at GDB!
- (pdf) Bruce Gilmour's Marley and Me letter: Read the letter
- (docx) Bruce Gilmour's Marley and Me letter: Read the letter
- In gratitude: The gift of a guide dog