The Process for Adopting a Career Change Dog
If you meet the career change adoption criteria, the steps toward adopting a dog are pretty straightforward:
- Complete an application (see links on right-hand side of this page).
- If we have questions or need further information from you we will contact you by phone. The volume of applications we receive does not permit responses to individual inquiries about the status of an application.
- We will contact you by phone if we have a dog that may be suitable for you. At that time, you'll receive a detailed description of the dog, including the reason it was career changed from the program, what it was like in the puppy raising home, what its current needs are, etc.
- If you're interested in meeting the dog, a fence check is performed to confirm that your fencing meets our requirements. The fence check can typically be conducted within a few days.
- We will arrange an appointment for you to come to our campus and meet the dog. We ask that you bring your family and any dog already in the household. It typically takes about two hours to show a dog. If all parties agree that it looks like a good match, the paperwork is done, adoption fee paid, and the dog can go home at that time.