At GDB, everything we do is centered on creating strong teams by helping people and dogs reach their full potential. Putting our belief in the power of partnership to work, we are pleased to offer GDB Experience Days to share our unique insights into team building—complete with puppy snuggles! The day is filled with group activities designed to boost team spirit and unity, while giving your group a behind-the-scenes look at how we raise and train our guide dogs, as well as how we work with our clients to fulfill our life-changing mission.
GDB Experience Days are the perfect choice when you want to ensure that the members of your team feel genuinely valued and motivated. Reward your group with a GDB Experience Day and they will love every minute of it, and continue to talk about it long after they’ve enjoyed the day. By engaging a desire to learn more about GDB’s mission and have a positive impact on the world, you will yield both internal and external rewards:
- Strengthen morale and build loyalty
- Build your organization’s reputation
- Add passion and inspiration to your brand
GDB Experience Days can be tailored to the needs and interests of your group and will include:
- Welcome, video, and presentation on blindness and guide dog access/etiquette.
- Campus tour, including informative visits with a range of our staff and volunteers, such as veterinarians, guide dog instructors, canine behaviorists, genetic specialists, and more!
Additional optional activities can include:
- Hands-on dog experiences, including puppy socialization and walking with a trained guide dog.
- Lunch with the company of some of the GDB staff experts and leaders you have met throughout the day.
- Available at our California campus in San Rafael.
- Experience Days begin at 9:00am and last a minimum of three hours; longer depending on optional activities.
- The maximum number of guests is 15.
- Due to the high demand, please request your GDB Experience Day at least six weeks in advance.
- GDB Experience Days are available starting at a minimum suggested donation of $5,000 based on your choice of activities.
Our team was blown away by our GDB Experience Day, and was really moved by the experience as well. To get to know GDB, its programs, and these amazing dogs on a personal level was something we will never forget.