Guide Dogs for the Blind's Legacy Society honors the generosity and vision of those who have chosen to include GDB in their estate plan whether by a bequest in a will or trust, establishing a gift annuity or charitable trust, or by a beneficiary designation on a bank account, life insurance policy or qualified retirement plan (IRA, 401K, etc.). Your visionary planning will insure that GDB remains a world leader in guide dog training for the blind and visually impaired for many years to come.
Benefits of membership in the Legacy Society include:
- Your name included on our Legacy Society interactive donor walls located on both of our campuses
- Listing in our annual report for the fiscal year during which you join
- Invitations to an annual recognition luncheon and other regional events
- A membership certificate and lapel pin recognizing your participation
- Ongoing subscription to Guide Dogs News
Enrolling is simple. There is no minimum gift amount required and we do not request a copy of any documents. The only qualification is to notify Guide Dogs for the Blind that a gift has been made in your estate plan. Also, if you wish to become a member but would like to remain anonymous, GDB will honor your request.
Fundraising Team Directory
We're happy to answer any questions you may have about estate planning and the Legacy Society.