Please visit us at one of our campuses! We offer a variety of tours for individuals and groups on a regular basis, and our graduation ceremonies are open to the public. Please note: while you may get to see many guide dogs and puppies, we do not allow visitors to bring their pet dogs on our campuses.
Helpful Tour Information
- All tours depart from the Volunteer Center, which is the first building on the left when entering the campus.
- Tours last approximately 1.25 hours.
- Guide Dogs for the Blind is a working campus. Tours are always subject to activities on campus.
- Tours do not have contact with our puppy population, and contact with our adult dog population is based on the availability and discretion of staff.
- Adults are expected to manage children on tours.
- Everyone on the tour must be comfortable walking or standing for the duration of the tour on the California campus, as there is no seating along the tour route. The campus is fully accessible.
- Our California campus Gift Shop is open on weekdays and graduation Saturdays from 11:00am to 3:00pm.
DROP-IN TOURS (seven people or less)
The following tours DO NOT require advance reservations.
Drop-in tours are available Monday through Friday and non-graduation Saturdays at 10:30am and 2:00pm (for dates, please refer to the graduation section below)
Drop-in tours, graduation Saturdays (for dates, please refer to the graduation section below)
- Available graduation Saturdays at 10:30am and Noon
GROUP TOURS (eight people or more)
The following tours DO require advance reservations. Please use the Tour Request Form to enter your preferred dates.
Tour Bus and Adult Group Tours
- Available Monday through Saturday at 10:00am and 1:30pm
- Group maximum: 40 people
Graduation Day Group Tours
- Available on graduation Saturdays at 11:00am; graduation is at 1:30pm (for dates, please refer to the graduation section below)
- Group maximum: 40 people
- Note that Graduation tours tend to book up several months in advance
Children's Group Tours (non-school)
- Children's group tours (including Scout groups) are available on non-graduation Saturdays at 10:00am (for dates, please refer to the graduation section below)
- Minimum age: 2nd Grade
Children's School Field Trip Tours
- School field trip tours are available Monday through Friday at 10:00am throughout the school year
- Maximum school field trip tour size is 33 students. School tours are limited to Grade 2 and up.
2017 Non Tour Days
- Monday, January 2
- Monday, January 16
- Monday, February 20
- Saturday, May 6
- Monday, May 29
- Tuesday, July 4
- Friday, July 28
- Saturday, July 29
- Monday, September 4
- Thursday, November 23
- Friday, November 24
- Friday, December 22
- Monday, December 25
- Friday, December 29
Group Tour Request
Want to book a group tour?
Graduations begin at 1:30 pm on the following Saturdays:
Guide Dogs for the Blind allows photography on our campuses and at our graduation ceremonies for personal use. However, the sale, rental, or commercial use of photography is prohibited (this includes photos or video of our facilities/grounds, dogs, clients, volunteers, and staff). Professional editorial photography or videography must be approved in advance by GDB's Marketing Department. Please contact VP of Marketing and Communications Karen Woon for approval: firstname.lastname@example.org